1. books for your kids! Giving and collecting holiday books is kind of a tradition in the McCartney house and there are so many good ones out there. The babylit books are my favorite and Pete the Cat books are great for those starting to read. I shared this post last year on my personal blog, if you are interested in more ideas for little ones. This book is an all-time favorite with a great message about love for all ages!
2. sweet treats! You know what sweet treats your loved ones enjoy, so stock up on their faves and they will be so excited! (and maybe..or maybe not..this is just the pregnant lady in me talking, but have you ever but reese's miniatures in the freezer?! AMAZING!)
3. an amazon gift card! gift cards in general are loved by all and Amazon.com gift cards can be used to purchase sooooooo many things...its a win-win.
4. favorite things! Has anyone ever surprised you with your favorite thing? The idea with this one is to keep it as simple as possible. It can be something like a favorite lipgloss, pair of socks, pack of gum, lunch date at their favorite place, or ice cold coke zero in the fridge just for them. Super thoughtful!
5. flowers! Flowers might seem a little cliche but who doesn't like fresh flowers?! Husband, boyfriends, whoever might be reading this...do yourself a favor and get your girl some flowers. And if you don't have anyone to buy flowers for you, get some for yourself! You'll be so glad you did.
6. something new and practical! Maybe you've noticed someone you love needs a new razor or shaving brush. Maybe you know there is something they've been wanting to upgrade to to replace a current item they use on a regular basis. If you are not as intuitive as that, check their Pinterest boards for some good ideas on what they might have their eye on and then surprise them with it!
However you decide to show LOVE this Valentine's Day, remember, it does not have to be complex and time-consuming. Most of the time, showing someone you love them only requires thoughtful, simple gifts and time spent with that person. Kids like anything out of the ordinary or something slightly indulgent, like the candy at the self-checkout they always ask for but you usually say no. Have fun with it but plan it out so that you stress less and love more!